STEP 2: US SOCCER SAFETY TRAINING
NEW PLATFORM, NEW COURSES
The new SafeSport Platform at https://safesport.org launched on January 15, 2018, with 3 new courses. Each course is approximately 30 minutes and will be replacing the 90-minute SafeSport course. Per the United States Olympic Committee, National Governing Bodies must provide an education program for those individuals it formally authorizes, approves or appoints (a) to a position of authority over, or (b) to have frequent contact with athletes. These individuals of your organization will have to complete all three courses. The training will be valid for 2 years once completing these 3 core courses. Users should download all 3 certificates after completion.
- Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education
- Reporting Child Sexual Abuse
- Emotional and Physical Misconduct
WHO NEEDS TO TAKE THE COURSE?
- New coaches and/or staff members registering for the Development Academy
- Coaches and/or staff members having an expired SafeSport
- Training certificates are valid for 2 years from their completion dates
- Reminder: All coaches and staff members will not be permitted to coach in the Academy unless they have successfully completed the SafeSport training
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Registration can be found at the following address:
- URL: http://safesport.org/authentication/register?token=ee57337f-31f9-421d-b095-82fc8c8c4c41
- Access Code: YC3E-6P5G-YYIL-CS2M
- Please add ‘U.S. Soccer’ to your membership profile upon registration of an account.
NEW SAFESPORT REFRESHER COURSE COMING IN 2018
A new SafeSport Refresher course will be added to the new platform in 2018. This will be an abbreviated version intended for relevant individuals who completed the 3, core SafeSport courses. This will fulfill their SafeSport requirement for an additional 2 years.
Here are the instructions for background checks for staff members:
• Access the following website: http://www.ncsisafe.com/
• Click on the “Start Your Background Screening Now” on the left side of the webpage.
• Enter 28695114 in the Self Registration Number field
• Enter your Information as Requested
• Provide Legal Authorization and Certification
• This system is not compatible with Safari internet browser
• Use your full legal name as written on your birth certificate or driver’s license
• If you have any questions, please contact the National Center for Safety Initiatives at 866.833.7100
STEP 3: CREATE AN ACCOUNT WITH US SOCCER DIGITAL COACHING CENTER
DCC will be the U.S. Soccer Coaching Department's primary database of coaches moving forward. You will need an account to access your coaching licenses and register for coaching courses.
Link to return to the Digital Coaching Center: https://dcc.ussoccer.com/
STEP 4: Provide a copy of your Drivers License, Business License and Coaching Licenses and a IRS Tax Form W9 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach License Requirements Updated 5/3/2017