Sending your way a few tips to make your trip a good one:
1. Weather.com is predicting nice weather for the Thanksgiving weekend; so pack your sun screen and if you can bring one, bring a canopy. Just incase it does rain, the Rain Hotline # is 858-630-3781.
IMPORTANT: Canopies and tents are not permitted on artificial turf fields. You may want to pack some Golf Umbrellas. If you are flying in and buy a canopy locally and don't want to take it back with you, donate it to the Nomads and we will give you a tax receipt for your donation. Contact Mary for details.
2. Good places to go to eat with your team:
ROCK BOTTOM is a restaurant adjacent to the UCSD Campus, they have a private room that you can use. Just call ahead and ask for the Manager on Duty and tell them you are playing in our tournament and we referred you:
PUESTO MEXICAN STREET FOOD is a restaurant downtown by the water in Seaport Village. They have special deals for groups. Don't forget to call the Manager on Duty to set up your group and tell them we sent you.
3. The tournament shirt shop will be located throughout the weekend at the Paradise Point Resort in the Mission Bay Room, this is across the street from the Gift Shop and Lobby. You can pre-order your shirts online at this link. Shirt shop wants you to know they have added additional inventory.
4. GOALIE WARS will be held at UCSD Muir on Friday night 7-10pm, spectators welcome. Those that wish to participate please try sign up before Monday. We may have some openings on the night on a space available basis, you'll need to bring $50 cash and a waiver form, and 4 friends with 4 balls. We cannot guarantee you a spot if you just show up on the night but we will try, its better to sign up in advance.
5. FREE TRADING CARDS GAME
Friday November 24th 5-9pm Paradise Point Resort, Mission Bay Room (Opposite Gift Shop)
This is a free event at the Paradise Point Resort, in the Mission Bay Room (across the street from the gift shop and lobby). Friday November 24th 5-9pm, 2017.
6. COLLEGE COACHES will be in the UCSD Main Gym on Friday night between 5:30pm and 7pm to give you insight on how to get recruited. Directions here
7. THANKSGIVING DINNER AT THE PARADISE POINT RESORT Reserve your private room for your team dinner